Monday, July 13, 2009

Here I is...

Got up this morning about 3 a.m. to get to the airport by 4. The only problem with that was that the TSA people didn't show up to clear anyone thru until almost 5 a.m. Huge line at the airport. My flight was at 5:30 but I got there in plenty of time...and I think I'm gonna kill our travel agent. He did the right thing, I guess, by getting the best fare available, but because it was so low, I couldn't upgrade to 1st class. They had 6 empty seats in 1st class and wouldn't sell me one. Somebody tell me the logic behind that. I'm gonna tell the agent to make sure we pay enuff for the ticket so I can upgrade [uh...where's the logic in that?...D-OH!!]

We landed at 2 o'clock and I went to the grocery store to get some food. I am AMAZED at the price increases. I buy some of the same things every time I come here and some of the prices have gone up as much as 50%. Everything is a lot higher. Don't know what that's about but it was a bigtime subject at the checkout lines. Haven't checked the price of gas yet. Last time it calculated to about $4.50/gallon. I don't know where all this inflation came from.

Got to my house about 5 p.m. and my day is catching up with me. I didn't get much sleep on the plane and didn't really sleep much last night. Didn't even get to bed till after 11 p.m. Time to man up, I guess...or just crash. Now there's an option.

BTW...they only say it's hot here. It's 85 degrees with a constant 20 mph wind. That's the way it is all the time...24/7/365.

Big day tomorrow...

Out

ADDENDUM...
I forgot to mention that everything on the island is on a cash basis. Something has happened to the credit card/ATM network and no one can use credit cards, debit cards, or ATMs. I hope it doesn't last long because I don't normally bring a lot of cash with me. I live off of ATMs and the company AMEX

No comments:

Post a Comment