Monday, February 23, 2009

The Grindstone

I think i fixed the camera...well, it works now any way. It died with the zoom fully extended and on the way to the store to exchange it, I pushed on the lens and held the on/off button down. It came back to life...well, enuff about the camera.

My cell phone SIM card is out of minutes so I went to town to buy another card. Every thing is closed...worse than Sunday. It's a national holiday for Carnaval and they take it real seriously here. But Wendy's, KFC, and Burger King are still hard at it...but packed. The line for the BK drive thru must have had 20 cars in it.

Working against some hard deadlines right now. That's the story of my life...I'm either struggling with a deadline or a budget. I dream of a general services contract where it takes what it takes to get the job done. I don't even know what my metrics are at this point. I think I'll let the client tell me what she thinks they should be.

...just noticed something. There is a tree about 5 feet from my window and doves are flocking into it to roost [it's dusk here]. As I stare at the tree, I've realized there must be 50 birds all hunkered down and fluffed up for the night.

I think that's what I'm going to do...go to the bungelow and hunker down and fluff up.

OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment