Thursday, May 28, 2009

Politics, politics, politics...

This place has gone crazy. There is a shake up at the very top of the organization and people are lining up and choosing sides. Meanwhile, I'm just sitting there fat, dumb, and happy thinking all is well...until I went to lunch with the "wrong" person. Didn't even know it was the "wrong" person until one of the Directors sent me an email to come see him. I scurried down the hall and he told me that the person I went to lunch with is on the way out and if I [our company] want to survive here, I [we] should align myself with the good ol' boys down the hall. Hell, I didn't even know I was aligned. Not even sure if I know how to get aligned.

It's the Americans, as it turns out, who are running around trying to pick the winning side. I would love to just sit and watch but I may have to grab a coat tail. Looks like I'll be entertaining this weekend.

Enough of that...the 3rd thing I've found out about Aruba is that they can get covered up with sand from the Sahara Desert. For the last couple of days, every thing is coated with this kinda gold looking dust. People are telling me it's Saharan sand. Go figure. But it's not a bad thing. There's plenty of dust over there and this freakin' rock could use a little topsoil.

And finally...I picked up a hitchhiker a while ago. I know, I know...but the location, his appearance, and the fact that he had two bags of groceries led me to believe he would be all right. And he was.

God save the Queen...and my ass.

OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment