Monday, April 13, 2009

Tidbits...

I thought about doing the "3rd thing I've learned about Aruba" but I'm not in the mood to develop anything...so I'm going to do a few short subjects about things that are on my alleged mind...most of them are just gripes...
1-The people in the grocery stores don't know how to handle bread. They just crush it when they pick it up and then throw a bunch of stuff on top of it. Haven't brought one home yet that wasn't mauled.

2-Going home Thursday but I have to change planes in Miami and Dallas. I can go thru Atlanta and change once but I won't get home until 10 p.m. No one in my family likes me enuff to lose that much sleep and pick me up at that time of night.

3-I've noticed four types of Chevrolets on this rock that you won't see in the States...the Corsa, the Optica, the Spark, and the Epica. None of 'em are any bigger than a Jetta or a say a Sentra.

4-Lots of local wildlife around this weekend...since the burro ran over me. I went out the other night to take out my trash right at dusk and there was a huge iguana in the garbage can who was not pleased when I threw that sack on him. Musta been 16 feet long...well, okay, maybe 4 feet, but he was the biggest one I've seen here.


Last night I went outside and a crab was ready to fight me on the front step. Maybe I should quit feeding the lizards out there. They eat all the veggie scraps but will fight over a banana. I really don't know how many types of lizards are out there. But the iggys are the biggest. There's one pretty big type that is an irridescent blue. Really pretty.
5-I would give my left, uh, leg for some decent milk. All the milk here tastes weird. You buy it off the shelf...almost none is refrigerated when you buy it. It's pretty bad.
6-There a lot of street legal 4-wheelers [ATVs] on the streets and even the highway. I'd like to have one. Some of them are really tricked out.
7-Gotta be in New Orleans Friday for a meeting with a new client. The boss wanted me to just stop in New Orleans on the way home Thursday. I told him that I can't be positive where I'm going to be Friday but I know without a doubt where I'm going to sleep Thursday night. Of course, he's in Bahrain and can't exactly influence me much from there. The worse he can do is fire me. The last time I looked, they don't eat people for having different priorities than the boss.

8-There is a contingent of Dutch Marines on this rock. I just came back from a friend's house down the street where two of them are there who just got in (Thursday) from the jungles of Surinam where they just spent 6 weeks literally living off the land in a survival exercise. They are still a little intense. One of them was thinking of a way to eat a lizard that he caught in the yard. I thought he was going to eat it raw. I left.

OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment