Thursday, March 19, 2009

The 8th Thing I Learned about Aruba...

They never give correct change. If your change requires a few pennies you don't get them. Then it occurred to me that they don't have pennies. The lowest denomination of coins is 5 cents (I think that's what they call florin "cents"). They also don't have bills smaller than 10 florin. They use coins for 1 florin and 5 florin.

Going back Sunday. MUCH less trepidation this time. I'm actually starting to get a little pumped up because I have a million things to do in about a 4 week timespan and I want to get started. One of the other guys from the office is probably going to come down in a couple of weeks to start a new project...a BIG one. So I'll have some company in that big ol' house for a while.

Oh...I did my expense report the other day and noticed that the rental agency (National) had to put 5.5 gallons of gas in the rent car. They charged me 63 freakin' dollars...US dollars, not florin. I didn't even notice until I did the report. I've got to be more diligent in getting gas in the car before I take it back. The client is going to freak when I give them that little pearl.

OUT

1 comment:

  1. If you're shuttling to Aruba on a regular basis, your client ain't gonna balk at sixty three bucks. If they do, you need a new client!

    ReplyDelete