Friday, March 6, 2009

Going Home for a Couple of Weeks

Leaving in the morning for home for a couple of weeks. I just want some coffee. The coffee here is instant and in 6-oz. cups. All of it is from a machine [Wendy's, restaurants, the refinery, etc.]...put a little bitty cup under the spigot, hit a button, and "coffee" drops out in one 6-oz drop. Have not seen a coffee bean or ground coffee since I landed more than 3 weeks ago...that is no exaggeration. Starbucks looms in Atlanta at 12:42 tomorrow. Oh, and if you like a little dairy in your coffee, it's evaporated milk. Every coffee bar in the refinery has a can that has been opened and sitting out on the counter for...well who really knows.

I've learned a lot. Too tired right now and too much laundry and packing to do, any way. I think I'll start a 10 things I learned about Aruba.

#10-There are no trains here. Lots of big ol' ships but no trains. That fact didn't occur to me till today. So I asked some people and they confirmed it. No 18-wheelers either. At least I haven't seen one.

#9-I'll think of it later.

OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment